Abstract for Scientific Controversy Rhetorical Analysis

In this section, I include my Scientific Controversy Rhetorical Analysis First and Final Drafts, my peer review of a few of my classmates’ Scientific Controversy Rhetorical Analyses, and the Group Rhetorical Analysis. The Group Rhetorical Analysis helped us, students, understand what we would be required to do for the Scientific Controversy Rhetorical Analysis. In this essay, I delve into the controversial topic of human embryonic stem cell therapy. The three articles discussed present different perspectives and arguments surrounding the ethics and practices of using embryonic stem cells. The first article by Robertson explores the ethical considerations of obtaining embryonic stem cells from aborted fetuses and live embryos, emphasizing the potential for saving lives but raising difficult questions. Kent and Pfeffer’s article focuses on the regulations and governance surrounding the collection and use of aborted fetuses in stem cell research, highlighting the lack of transparency and potential conflicts. Kent’s solo paper investigates the exchange relationships between women undergoing abortions, clinicians procuring fetal tissue, and stem cell scientists, shedding light on the gendered bio-economy supporting stem cell science. The essay concludes by acknowledging the controversy surrounding embryonic stem cell therapy and the varying opinions expressed in these articles, suggesting that the debate will persist due to the diverse perspectives within society.